Wednesday 6 June 2012

Hey Fashionista's! So I will be an intern at Dirty Fabulous Vintage Boutique for the next month and for the first day of work I chose to wear this turqoise blue skater dress with black polka dots. I toned down the outfit, by just letting the turqoise blue be the main colour pop in the entire outfit, in other words, I did not add any other pastel or neon colour. I bought this dress in Noname and it really is a flashback of the 60s, an era where skater dresses were very common amongst the ladies in society. I teamed this dress up with my black studded brogue-heels (they look like brogues BUT have a heel..do these shoes have a particular name? lol) and my black clutch bag from Penneys/Primark. The outfit is simple, fun, cute and very summery. I didn't overdo the look. The dress has enough detail so no need to top up with big dangly earrings or long necklaces and chokers. Less is more (sometimes!). A thumbs down for the shoes though, they are not the comfiest AT ALL! *sigh* I survived though :) Hope you guys like the look :) feel free to comment below and ask any questions. x

Example of polka dot skater dresses in the 60s.
Go to http://www.polyvore.com/vintage_polka_dot_dress/shop?query=vintage+polka+dot+dress to check out more!

 Lora Coral Dot DressLora Dot Dress







No comments:

Post a Comment